|About The Awards
The Market and Exchanges Awards are part of our prestigious annual Business Achievement Awards programme, which has been run since 2001 to recognise annual institutional achievements and winners in the financial industry in the Asia Pacific region today.
The Market and Exchanges Evaluation programme assesses the achievements and emerging best practices in the capital markets industry. The awards recognise institutions in the capital market field that demonstrate a sustainable long-term strategy based on healthy financials, sound infrastructure and robust business processes.
The Asian Banker Markets & Exchanges Awards evaluate the institutions in the markets and exchange industry, including stock exchanges, commodity exchange, clearing house, dark pools, and trading platforms.
The objectives of this award programme are as follows :
- Recognise exchanges, depositories, alternative markets and service providers leading the industry in creating deep and sustainable markets for the future.
- Recognise the use of technology and business models that have revolutionised the industry and improved global access in an efficient and seamless manner.
- Validate the leadership of regional players that maintain the integrity of financial markets, protect investor interests and lead innovation.
- Identify emerging best practices as well as product and process innovations that serve as a benchmark for all players to improve their competitive profile.
The categories to be recognized are:
- Exchange of the Year*
Awards considered under this category include:
- Stock Exchange of the Year
- Financial Derivative Exchange of the Year
- Commodities Exchange of the Year
- Custodian Bank of the Year
- Dark Pool of the Year
- Sell Side Trading Platform of the Year
- Buy Side Trading Platform of the Year
- Algorithmic Trading Platform of the Year
- Broker of the Year
- Data Provider of the Year
- Central Securities Depository of the Year
- Clearing House of the Year
- Leadership in Markets & Exchanges of the Year