The Asian Banker Leadership Achievement Award is widely acknowledged by the financial services industry as the highest possible accolade available to professionals in the industry as recognised in the Asia Pacific and Gulf regions today. Established in 2001, it is one of the most difficult and most exclusive awards for any top banker or players in the financial services industry to win because of its stringent evaluation process.
Until these awards, most award recognitions were for institutions and the role of individual excellence in an increasingly complex industry was not sufficiently understood. We know today that the shape and direction of the largest institutions and the smallest processes are dependent on the calibre of the individuals entrusted to them, and we recognize them through this award programme.
The programme is anchored by a panel of global leaders and subject matter experts as advisors. The selection process is a rigorous one, completed over several months and involving feedback and interviews with all constituents who are in a position to comment on the candidates. All of these make this a world-class evaluation programme, and the insights gained from the programme are published in an annual report.
The award ceremony is held in conjunction with The Asian Banker Summit, undisputedly the largest annual gathering of professionals in the financial services industry in the Asia Pacific region. The Summit is held in different Asian cities, and this year it will be held in Singapore with the full support of the Monetary Authority of Singapore, and the Association of Banks in Singapore.
The Goals of this Programme
These awards are designed with the following goals:
- To underscore the role of strong and sustainable leadership of the complex organisations that constitute the financial services industry
- To generate an important platform for dialogue on the values of true leadership, governance, values, skills, vision and the sustainability of the enterprise
- To provide benchmarks of exemplary leadership for future generations of potential leaders so that the industry as a whole can develop in a sustainable manner.
The leadership awards made include:
- The Asian Banker Lifetime Achievement Awards
- The Asian Banker Leadership Achievement Awards for the Asia Pacific region (once every three years)
- The Strongest Banks Awards
- The Asian Banker Leadership Achievement Awards for Women in the Financial Services Industry
- The Asian Banker Award for the Most Admired Leader Outside the Asia Pacific and Gulf regions
- Regulation in the Financial Services Industry
- M&A of the Year
- The Asian Banker Promising Young Bankers Awards (once every three years)
These awards are proudly supported by Qatar Financial Centre Authority, through its commitment to leadership in the financial services industry.
Guests of Honour at previous ceremonies
The Regions Covered
The programme is intended to be global, and we hold all of the nominees for the awards against global benchmarks and best practices. By building experience and nurturing relationships, we have been gradually extending our main coverage from the Asia Pacific region to Central Asia and Middle East. We also recognise outside the region those global leaders whose unique capabilities are truly second to none, applying concise leadership skills to vast, incredibly complex institutions that span continents.
The awards are always presented by noted leaders, either from prominent local officials or from inspirational figures from the financial services industry, all befitting the dignity of the award itself. Past guests of honour include Mr Al Gore,former vice president of the United States of America and Nobel Laureate, Senator Paul Sarbanes, author of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and former chairman, U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, United States, Mr Kaspar Villiger, former President and former Finance Minister of Switzerland, current chairman of UBS, Switzerland, Sir Brian Pitman, former Chairman, Lloyds TSB, United Kingdom, Mr Frederick Ma, Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Hong Kong, SAR, Mr Thanong Bidaya, Minister of Finance, Thailand, Dr Doediono, Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs, Indonesia.
For more information on the awards programme, please contact:
Foo Boon Ping
Tel: (65) 6236 6523